Welcome to my blog! I wanted to start blogging when I first found out I was pregnant - really just to keep family and friends updated on the progress of the baby, but now that our little man is almost 4 months old, I thought what better time than now to start sharing what is going on in the Castelli household!

Friday, November 26, 2010

Our trees...yes, treeS!

We are in the Christmas spirit here at the Castellis!  Roman and I made our way out to Hobby Lobby today...after our morning nap!  No, we weren't one of those crazies out at 4am!  We headed out at 12:30pm and were home by 2:30p.  Our mission...new tree ornaments!

Since we've been married, Justin and I have always used a fake tree his parents so graciously gave us four years ago.  And while it is a great tree, and such better quality than the fake trees they make these days, I've really missed having a 'real' tree in my home for Christmas!  Well this year, I am getting my wish!!!

It just so happens that one of my clients this year was this great tree farm in Greenfield (Lost Forty Tree Farm).  We filmed a commercial for them on site, and it really made me want to go back with the fam and cut down our own tree and start a new Castelli family tradition.  Well that day is tomorrow - hopefully, if we can all shake this cold we have had today...so of course we needed all new ornaments for the new tree!  I'm pretty proud of what I found, and I'm super excited to get the new tree and the new ornaments up tomorrow!  Until then, please enjoy the picture of our fake tree that we decorated this evening and put in the basement this year!  This will be our fun/family tree and where I think we will open presents on Christmas morning every year!  My real tree will be more themed for now...until we start getting all of the great homemade ornaments from the kids!

And then there is the mini-tree that is in the foyer.  This tree received fresh new ornaments today as well!    Nothing fancy, I just decided to change the theme of this tree to match the decor of my house!  I'll have some pictures of the holiday decor in the house later this week!  I'm hoping we can even get our large 4' wreath hung in the front window of our two story foyer tomorrow!  That was quite the chore last year!  I'm pretty sure Justin swore off ever hanging this wreath again after last year's fiasco, but since I'm not pregnant this year, I can climb the ladder! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment