Welcome to my blog! I wanted to start blogging when I first found out I was pregnant - really just to keep family and friends updated on the progress of the baby, but now that our little man is almost 4 months old, I thought what better time than now to start sharing what is going on in the Castelli household!

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Another project...I love projects!

When Justin and I built our house over 2 years ago, we were quickly cutting certain things out of the house wish list due to budget!  It's really easy to go over budget when building a house.  The first things to go were finishing our basement, the irrigation system, and the custom wood closet shelving.  All of these were things we didn't need, although I'm sure Justin could argue the irrigation system was definitely needed this summer!  We've since finished our basement and added a huge island in our closet...but still no irrigation system! :)

Anyway, another small item that was cut off of our wish list was our garage entry locker/storage system.  We still have the niche space that is currently occupied by a hall tree, a small table that holds our spare keys, and then about 3-4 pairs of my shoes on any given day (why bring them upstairs when I know I'm going to wear them again in the next day or two??)!  Well, I've been given the OK to get this locker/storage system underway!  In fact, and friend of mine from Pulte is coming over next week to talk about design and details!  I'm pretty excited!  I am hoping it will be similar to one of the pictures below!


 Our space isn't nearly as wide as these two spaces, but I'm thinking it's about 2/3 as wide!  I don't need the cabinets on the sides, really just some cubbies on the bottom (for my shoes), some shelves on top for Roman's many hats, and some hooks for our coats and umbrellas!  I'll keep you posted on the progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment