Welcome to my blog! I wanted to start blogging when I first found out I was pregnant - really just to keep family and friends updated on the progress of the baby, but now that our little man is almost 4 months old, I thought what better time than now to start sharing what is going on in the Castelli household!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Contest

I'm not one of those lucky women (ahem, my sister Beth), who could fit into my jeans two weeks after having Roman!  I was lucky to lose 35 of my 49 lbs gained (yikes, almost hit the big 5-0) within 10 days of delivery, and then nursing took about another 7 lbs off the next 6 weeks.  But it was those lagging 7 lbs that have been hanging on for dear life the last 3 months!  Going back to work after only a 6 week maternity leave made it difficult to get into a good work-out routine, so I had pretty much decided those 7 lbs weren't going anywhere anytime soon (especially with winter right around the corner)!  That is until Justin proposed a CONTEST!

I don't know if everyone knows this about me, but I'm pretty competitive!  Even if I don't always show it, secretly in my mind, life is a contest that I'm always trying to win!  Whether it's in my job, or having the best dressed baby - I'm competing!  So when Justin proposed we set a weight goal, and the first person to their goal gets to write a check out of our checking account for a pretty good chunk of change...it was on!

One problem...what am I going to do to win?  Weeeellllll...I found the best Ap on my I-phone that has helped me lose 3 lbs in just 2 weeks!  It's called MyFitnessPal (I think there is a web site too, but it's easier for me to use it on my Iphone because it's always with me).  All I had to do was enter my weight goal and other stats, and it told me how many calories I need to eat each day to reach my goal in a certain amount of time!  The best part is, I log the food I'm eating, and the ap tells me how many calories my food has...I don't have to look at the back of a box or a book to find the caloric details!  I've yet to find a food that's not in their database!  I LOVE it!  It has really made me more aware of how many calories I eat each day, and how few calories fruits and vegetables have...so I can eat so much more of that and fill up on the healthy stuff!  One other thing, it's not magic, I have to stick to the calorie limit each day to see progress! :)

The only downside is I shared this wonderful secret with my competitor!  Now Justin is using the ap too!  I'll keep you posted on our progress!  Hopefully by the end of the year I'll be back to my pre-Roman self!  Now - what will I buy with my winnings???
  

1 comment:

  1. Never share your tricks with the competition! And I would say you should buy something that you can wear everyday so he sees it everyday and remembers that he LOST! Good luck. As a mother who had to loose baby weight twice I am cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete