Welcome to my blog! I wanted to start blogging when I first found out I was pregnant - really just to keep family and friends updated on the progress of the baby, but now that our little man is almost 4 months old, I thought what better time than now to start sharing what is going on in the Castelli household!

Monday, July 11, 2011

Let's try this again!

So it has been a busy couple of months, and quite frankly, I forgot about my little blog!  To bring you all up to speed, here is the what has happened with the Castellis since I last wrote...

I made the tough decision to leave my job at WRTV-6 (which I loved) to be at home with Roman (whom I love sooo much more)!  I didn't want to fully leave the work-force all together, but I wanted to do something part-time.  I have found a wonderful part-time Account Rep position with Godiva Chocolatier!  Let's just hope I don't gain 100lbs from eating the amazing chocolate!  I love my time with Roman, and he is changing so much daily that I wanted to be there to see all of his changes!  


Speaking of Roman, he is now WALKING!!!  He took his first steps the day before his 11 month birthday!  Now he's walking all over the place!  It's so cute to watch him do his 'mummy-walk' as I call it! He still has his arms out while he walks, but it is the cutest thing to see this little 29" baby walking around!

Not only is Roman walking, but has really taken an interest in balls the last couple of months (which Justin is happy about)!  He will always choose a ball over any other toy, and it's so funny to watch him try to shoot at his hoop like his Daddy!  


Finally, this summer we decided to do a little landscaping in the backyard.  I have always been happy with our front yard and how the landscaping looks.



But our backyard around our patio was pretty bare!

So Justin and his friend Joe got to work!


We planted 2 trees, hostas, and arborvitae around the back patio, and did some shrubs on the side of the house!  I think it turned out pretty good!  We'll add more and more each year, but this is a good start!



And then finally, our little guy is going to be ONE is just 20 days!  I can't believe a whole year has gone by!  This time last year, my feet/ankles looked like this -

Ha!  Isn't this scary?
And now I'm in the midst of making birthday buntings, Roman's 1-year shirt, and ordering cotton candy for Roman's birthday carnival!  I'm sure I'll do an entire post with pictures of his birthday!  :)

So that has been our summer so far!  We still have a couple of months left to enjoy our hot weather - and then I think I'll be ready for the wonderful fall - football, pumpkins, sweatshirts!  I'll keep you posted on it all (if I can remember)!

No comments:

Post a Comment